StreetWise Partners’ goal is to use the power of mentoring to reduce unemployment within the low income communities of New York City and Washington D.C . The organization pairs business professionals with mentees who are unemployed/underemployed in order to provide them with the skills, resources and access to networks that they need to secure and maintain employment.
StreetWise Partners’ mentoring model is unique in that it is structured, curriculum driven, and outcomes focused. Each mentee is paired with one or two mentors who help them build confidence, gain skills, and create strategies to secure a job and remain employed.
- StreetWise Partners matches mentors with unemployed/underemployed mentees to coach them through their job search.
- 13 weeks of structured meetings on topics such as: goal setting, resume and cover letters, interview prep, social media, online job search.
- Meetings are 2.5 hours one night a week with ongoing weekly communication.
- Mentor provides mentee with informal biweekly follow-up for 9 months after the program ends.
- All programs are hosted at one of our four corporate sites: Deutsche Bank, Marsh & McLennan Companies, PwC, Barclays
Benefits Of Becoming A Mentor:
- Network with Business Professionals from Fortune 500 companies: Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, PwC, American Express, Acquis, LinkedIn and more.
- Strengthen your leadership and management skills: 91% of StreetWise volunteers report that volunteering with StreetWise has helped them excel in their careers.
- Access to professional development seminars and workshops just for StreetWise Partners mentors: professional development workshops offered every cycle exclusively.
- Access to the StreetWise Partners community of over 1,000 volunteers through volunteer socials and volunteer appreciation events.
- Make a difference in the community at large, while building your own professional community!
If mentoring and empowering women is your passion, StreetWise Partners also offers an incredible mentoring opportunity through our women's program, which focuses on specific challenges that women in the workforce face.
For more information on all of our programs, register for a webinar or information happy hour here: http://streetwisepartners.org/mentor/information-session-registration/
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours/week in person for 13 weeks.
- Additional time for weekly check-in with mentee.