Mentor with Streetwise Partners and Transform a Life!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
34 people are interested
Are you looking to use your skills, make new friends, advance your career and help a fellow New Yorker?
Mentor with Streetwise Partners and Transform a Life
StreetWise Partner’s goal is to harness the mentoring resources of the private sector to reduce unemployment within low income communities.
StreetWise Partners has developed an incredible reputation for quality programming and volunteer opportunities. Since 1997, the organization has served 6,000 mentees through the support of 10,000 volunteers. Our volunteer opportunities allow for meaningful, hands-on interactions that support professional skill building for our mentees.
Details of the Program
- 13 weeks of structured meetings on topics such as 1) goal setting, 2) resume and cover letters, 3) interview prep and 4) networking.
- Meetings are 2.5 hours one night a week with interim weekly communication.
- All programs are hosted at one of our five corporate sites: PwC, Marsh & McLennan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and Fitch Ratings.
- Spring program begins in March!
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor:
- Coach an adult towards professional success; help with resumes, cover letters, interview prep and more...
- Collaborative Group Mentoring
- Build your Resume for Business School
- Expand your network + access to 1000 volunteers
- Monthly Meetups and Socials
- Opportunity to serve on a board
- See immediate impact of your mentorship
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
- All applicants MUST attend an information session before being accepted to the StreetWise Partners Program.
- SIGN UP FOR AN INFO SESSION TODAY! : https://streetwisepartners.org/nycmentor-information-session
- If you have any questions, please email April Griswold at firstname.lastname@example.org
222 Broadway19th floorNew YorkNew York, NY 10038
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours/week in person for 13 weeks. Spring Program begins: The week of March 25th.
- Additional time for weekly check-in with mentee. (1- 2 hours a week)