Become a StreetWise Partners Mentor Today and Transform a Life!
DONATE TO THIS
31 people are interested
StreetWise Partners’ goal is to use the power of mentoring to reduce unemployment within disadvantaged communities of New York City and Washington D.C. The organization pairs business professionals with mentees who are unemployed/underemployed in order to provide them with the skills, resources and access to networks that they need to secure and maintain employment.
StreetWise Partners has developed an incredible reputation for quality programming and volunteer opportunities. Since 1997, the organization has served 6,000 mentees through the support of 10,000 volunteers. Our volunteer opportunities allow for meaningful, hands-on interactions that support professional skill building for our mentees.
13 weeks of structured meetings on topics such as: goal setting, resume and cover letters, interview prep and networking
- Meetings are 2.5 hours one night a week with ongoing weekly communication.
- Mentor provides mentee with informal biweekly follow-up for 9 months after the program ends.
- All programs are hosted at one of our four corporate sites: PwC, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank
- Fall program begins in March!
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor:
Coach an adult to professional success
Collaborative Group Mentoring
Build your Resume
Expand your network and access to 1000 volunteers
Monthly Meetups and Socials
Opportunity to serve on a board
See immediate impact of your mentorship
In the meantime, to added to our interest list please sign up on our website at https://streetwisepartners.org/nycmentor-information-session/.
If you have any questions, please email April Griswold, Manager of Volunteer Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
222 Broadway19th floorNew YorkNew York, NY 10038
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours/week in person for 13 weeks.
- Additional time for weekly check-in with mentee.