Position: Executive Assistant
Type: Non Compensated, Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 6+ months; 10-20 hrs/week
Reports to: Executive Director
About the position:
Working under the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned.
This is a volunteer position. The ideal candidate should commit a minimum of 10-20 hours per week working at the SSV office location.
It is assumed that the candidate will have his/her own laptop and communications tools. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate include, but are not limited to the following: job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work-flow and meetings.
- Interact with partners, vendors and visitors.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying,
mailing and filing.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Coordinate and maintain records for office keys.
- Create and modify documents such as, reports, memos, and letters using Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, and Slides.
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the Executive Director and staff.
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, Board or other meetings.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings and follow up on action items.
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Research, price and purchase or arrange for donations of office equipment and supplies.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
- Assists in special events, such as fundraising activities and the annual meeting.
Qualities and Skills:
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant required
- Must have one year experience using the Google "G Suite" (Google Apps for Work)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of partner, staff and executive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in interaction with partners, colleagues and visitors.
- Experience with standard PC or MAC applications and WEB browser
- Collaboration and stress management skills.
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone.
SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience.
Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6+ months; 10-20 hrs/week