Board of Directors Volunteer Member Description
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereP.O. Box 1174South Dennis, MA 02660
FORWARD’s Board of Directors seeks new Board members. This is an extraordinary opportunity for anyone who is passionate about FORWARD’s mission and a desire to serve on their Board of Directors. Selected Board Members will have a commitment to and understanding of FORWARD’s constituency, preferably based on experience. Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals is imperative.
The mission of is to provide a small-scale model housing community where adults with autism and related disabilities will prosper in a safe, supportive environment.
Who We Are
F.O.R.W.A.R.D. Friends Or Relatives With Autism And Related Disabilities is a group of concerned citizens, brought together through the common goal of creating a small scale model housing community for adults with autism and related disabilities.
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for FORWARD. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and it responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Requirements of Board membership include:
- Commitment to the work of the organization.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance; policy, finance, autism programs, and advocacy.
- Willingness to serve on committees.
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings, which are held on the last Tuesday of each month.
- Attendance at meetings of assigned committees.
- Support of special events.
- Support of, and participation in, fundraising.
- Financial support of FORWARD.
Directors serve for a three-year term. Directors may be released at the end of the elected term, by resigning, or according to FORWARD bylaws.
A Director is fully informed on organizational matters, and participates in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, capital projects and advocacy.
The Director must:
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board and its standing committees.
- Monitor all Board policies.
- Review the bylaws and board manual and recommend bylaw changes.
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes, and prepare necessary bylaw amendments.
- Participate in the development of FORWARD’s organization plan and annual review.
- Approve FORWARD’s budget.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Board committees, and the community to enhance FORWARD’s mission.
If interested in learning more about joining the Board of FORWARD, please contact Kathy Ohman, President of the Board at email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training