Day Haven is a day program for seniors with memory loss and confusion who would benefit from socialization and participation in activities. Activities include music, table games, arts and crafts, light exercise, trivia, and conversation.
Volunteer would assist at Day Haven as an assistant to our paid employee.
Works closely with the Hilltop Staff in playing games, dancing, watching movies, helping with lunch, joining in conversations, etc. with Day Haven clients.
Maintain open communication with other team members, reporting all concerns to supervisor.
Notify supervisor if not able to make scheduled shift.
Be dependable and responsible.
Good listening and communication skills.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Non-judgmental, maintain client and family confidentiality, casual/conservative dress
- Cooking Matters-Chef Instructor
- Latimer House Reception Support
- Cook Matters-Class Assistant
- Supporting Our Seniors (S.O.S.)...
- Volunteer Driver-Montrose...
- Tandem Mentoring-Montrose
- Family First Child Care Support
- Life Skills Mentor-Montrose
- Commons and Fountains Resident...
- Family First Meal Preparation...
- Family First Special Events...
- Day Haven Assistant-Montrose
- Commons and Fountains Activity...
- B4 Babies and Beyond...
- Cooking Matters/Registered...