Position is a member of the Hilltop Volunteer Program and Montrose Child & Family team. Volunteer works under the supervision/direction of the Child & Family Program Coordinator, in conjunction with the Manager/Coordinator of Volunteer Services. Our volunteer families are paired with a family in need to become their tandem mentoring family. You could be this extension. All that is needed is one hour per month of support, guidance and attention.
Tandem Families is a Family-to-Family mentoring program working to keep natural families together while enrighing the child's life. Services include Nuturing Parent classes, family advocates, teen groups and behavioral and emotional support.
Ensuring the safety and security of each client.
Knowing emergency contact numbers when needed.
Providing feedback to family navigators about interactions with clients.
Providing general health and safety practives regarding children.
Documenting contact with clients and their children.
Maintain open communications w;ith other team members, reporting all concerns to Clinical Coordinator.
Telephone and computer skills, recreational activities, ability to handle crisis, people skills, bi-lingual perferred.
Training: Provided at the onset and as needed.
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One hour of training per month.
- Must be neat, clean and maintain good hygiene. Honest, dependable, organized, listening skills,
- Cooking Matters-Chef Instructor
- Latimer House Reception Support
- Cook Matters-Class Assistant
- Supporting Our Seniors (S.O.S.)...
- Volunteer Driver-Montrose...
- Tandem Mentoring-Montrose
- Family First Child Care Support
- Life Skills Mentor-Montrose
- Hilltop volunteer
- Commons and Fountains Resident...
- Family First Meal Preparation...
- Family First Special Events...
- Day Haven Assistant-Montrose
- Commons and Fountains Activity...
- B4 Babies and Beyond...
- Cooking Matters/Registered...