Young Professionals Making a Difference
Who We Are
The Young Professionals Board (YPB) is a young professional’s organization dedicated to supporting the ever-increasing fundraising and volunteer needs of Global Orphan Prevention. Members benefit by taking part in hands-on birthing kit assembly day opportunities, serving in a leadership capacity, or through the various networking opportunities the organization provides.
YPB membership provides a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Activities include:
- Volunteering in the field (Nepal, Vietnam)
- Increasing Awareness
- Social Networking
- Annual Fundraising Events
- Professional Development
Through its networking events, YPB members have the opportunity to connect with other young professionals interested in community service and career networking. These events provide a relaxed and social atmosphere, while staying connected to the mission of the charity.
Who Can Join?
Any young professional, between the ages of 21-35, who is interested in assisting hundreds of children and mothers in Nepal.
- Attend 75% of monthly meetings
- Commit to a "Give/Get" by either donating (giving) or raising (getting) at least $250 towards Global Orphan Prevention’s programs over the 12-month term
- Dedicate board business 1-2 hours per month
Learn more: GlobalOrphanPrevention.org
If you have questions about the YPB or are interested in joining, please email Katie Hilborn with a resume and/or LinkedIn Profile (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- YP Board Meetings 6x /year (2 hours)
- YP Board Business 1-2 hours /month