Position: Board Member - Board of Directors
Organization: Global Orphan Prevention
Global Orphan Prevention seeks a volunteer Vice-President and Board Members who are:
Committed to helping underprivileged children and widowed/abandoned mothers in Nepal
Committed to helping midwifery and clean birthing support programs in Nepal
Committed to using social entrepreneurship to help eradicate and alleviate incoming generation hurdles in Nepal
The Vice-President and Board Members provide strategic and operational guidance to the organization, as well as program development and fundraising strategies.
Board members are expected to attend in-person meetings held every other month on a weekday evening (2 hours). Board members will often devote an additional 2-3 hours/month to Board business. Board members serve for two years and will donate or raise $2500 (min.)/year.
About Global Orphan Prevention:We prevent orphans by keeping mothers and children together! This can be accomplished through social entrepreneurship, a clean birthing program, and education. Collaboration: Working with partners in the field is vital to our success and allows for shared responsibility.
Income Generation Philanthropy: We are not a charity and we don't simply hand out money. Instead, we provide income generating opportunities so individuals and communities can thrive independently, helping themselves out of poverty.
Empowerment: When working with marginalized populations, we find that the root of most of their problems is money. By giving them means to help themselves, we are helping break that social stratification, allowing them to become empowered and literate.
Additional information can be found at: www.globalorphanprevention.org
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Fundraising/Development, Education, Data, Marketing, Financial Investment, Midwifery/Medical Services, SEO/Website Development, Knowledge of Nepal or Developing Countries
- Prior Board Member experience preferred
- Self-starter with strategic leadership skills
- Passion for serving children and youth and making a difference
- Donate or raise $2500 (min)/year
- Ability to serve a minimum 18 months, attend meetings
To apply or obtain additional information:
Contact Katie Hilborn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information and an application.
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Board meetings 6 times per year (2 hours)
- Board business (2-3 hours per month)