WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6055 South Loop EastHouston, TX 77087
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Manager
Date Last Reviewed: January 2017
The Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter is seeking an experienced, talented Marketing and Communications Intern to assist with social media calendars, campaigns and outreach. Partner with our Communications Team and be responsible for assisting in the creation of marketing strategies and their implementation to help increase awareness about the Alzheimer's Association.
Candidate must be able to complete the internship (15-20 hours per week)
- Outgoing, easily establish relationships
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Skilled in tracking and analyzing web/social data Familiarity with Constant Contacts a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills - knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite a plus
- Familiarity with photography and video a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Use Alzheimer's Association branding and messaging to increase followers on social media platforms and advise Communications Team on best practices.
- Track social and web analytics to improve online communications and show successes.
- Under the direction of the Communications Team, craft/curate weekly social media content.
- Create and implement email campaigns for events, fundraising and advocacy through Constant Contacts & MailChimp
- Craft press releases for upcoming events.
- Assist with print and online communication projects including copy-writing, editing and design.
- Assist with social media outreach during events when/if possible.
- Assists the Communications Team and the Programs & Services Team in implementing marketing strategies for programs and services.
- Find and enter education workshops, support groups and events on community and news websites and calendars.
- Other communications projects as needed
Minimum Education Requirements:
Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to JJ Lassberg at email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18