Live2Create Foundation Network is in the process of establishing an art studio in Marietta, GA and are seeking new members to join its Board of Directors.
Serving on Live2Create's board is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about making the arts apart of everyday life, youth development, strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector, and has a track record of board leadership.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe - as the organization does - that each and every nonprofit needs a strong and effective board to fully accomplish its goals. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board, Live2Create is seeking individuals who will be active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and individuals who will stand for its mission of motivating young people to live for who they are and who God has created them to be.
The Board will meet once a month and be required to handle all fiduciary responsibilities of the organization.AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
We are seeking diverse leaders with expertise in the following areas:
Corporations who are seeking strategic ways to engage their employees in high-impact service positions throughout the non-profit sector and philanthropy support.
The ideal candidate for our corporate leader role will possess the following qualifications and areas of expertise:
- A belief in board service - and service more broadly - as a critical element of corporate social responsibility; a personal reputation as a committed and inspired proponent of service.
- A strong understanding of how nonprofit board service can support and augment corporate goals around employee professional development, community engagement, and philanthropic investments.
- A strong network of decision-makers and influencers at other companies and a willingness to tap those connections to help Live2Create identify and connect with potential corporate partners.
Live2Create values the views and research initiatives of our academic peers and is eager to increase and leverage connections with academia. The ideal candidate for our recognized governance expert/academic board member will possess the following qualifications:
- A recognized authority in nonprofit sector issues with a body of peer-reviewed research focused in the areas of nonprofit governance or policy.
- A leader in respected academic networks in the area of board leadership and an ability to identify opportunities for Live2Create to connect and collaborate with these individuals and groups.
- A willingness to provide guidance on board trends that may affect Live2Create, our members, and our resources and services and to serve as a resource to the internal research team when requested.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities:
Each board member is expected to know what exceptional governance is, to practice it as a board member, and to remain apprised of new developments in the governance and regulatory environment.
- Board members are expected to read and understand Live2Create’s financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend 75% of board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Live2Create to achieve its mission.
- Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Live2Create’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent Live2Create to their respective communities and to advocate for Live2Create’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
To be considered for nomination to the Board of Directors, please submit a letter of interest and biography or resume to email@example.com.
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- Will stand for the organization's mission.