We are looking for someone to coordinate internal and external communications for the Language Technology Development department. They would also support software product web sites and help with user communications.
We are a faith-based, nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide as they build capacity for sustainable language development.
If you believe, as we do, that all languages are of value, form an integral part of peoples’ identity, and have the potential to serve them in a rapidly changing world, then you can be part of a team serving minority language communities worldwide.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Coordinate internal and external communications for the Language Technology Development department. Support software product web sites and help with user communications.
- Develop and support software product web sites, particularly those using the Language Technology Domain Product Sites system
- Work with maintainers of other SIL web sites to keep Language Technology information on those sites current and relevant
- Coordinate and manage department response to general enquiries
- Assist in preparation of reports and promotional information for funders and the general public
- Participate as a member of the Language Technology Development team
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience
Skill set you must have
- Understanding of software distribution and technical support
- Very good people, communications, and writing skills
- Experience with HTML and XML
Skill Sets That Would Be Useful
- Web site design skills
- Research skills
- Comfortable with technology in general
- Experience with content management systems
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff