Are you a qualified FAA pilot in either Powered Aircraft, Gliders, or Balloons? If so, CAP is looking for you, we are in need of qualified pilots to help with our emergency services and cadet programs mission. The various missions that could be done are
- Fly reconnaissance missions for homeland security, search and rescue, disaster relief, and even counterdrug operations at the request of government or law enforcement agencies.
- In times of disaster, assess damage and transport emergency personnel from site to site.
- Cadet orientation pilots fly orientation rides for cadets and teachers while also maintaining their own proficiency
Civil Air Patrol, the longtime all-volunteer U.S. Air Force auxiliary, is the newest member of the Air Force’s Total Force, which consists of regular Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, along with Air Force retired military and civilian employees. CAP, in its Total Force role, operates a fleet of 550 aircraft and performs about 90 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions as tasked by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center and is credited by the AFRCC with saving an average of 78 lives annually. Civil Air Patrol’s 56,000 members nationwide also perform homeland security, disaster relief and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state and local agencies. Its members additionally play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in the CAP cadet program. Performing missions for America for the past 75 years, CAP received the Congressional Gold Medal in 2014 in honor of the heroic efforts of its World War II veterans. CAP also participates in Wreaths Across America, an initiative to remember, honor and teach about the sacrifices of U.S. military veterans. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM every Monday
- Active/Former Military NCO's or...
- Information Technology Officer
- Recruiting Specialist
- Youth and Adult Volunteers Needed
- Personnel Support Needed
- Youth Development Assistance
- Search and Rescue/Disaster Relief
- Radio Communications Support
- Administrative Specialist
- Aerospace Education Instructor
- Public Relations Specialist
- Qualified FAA Pilots