Main Goals for This Position to Accomplish:
Application is intended for volunteers who wish to assist and serve as part of our Volunteer Photographer Team that will take photos on behalf of New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park.
Brief Description of Work to be performed:
The volunteer photographer will take photos at concert performances, Healthy Park Healthy People events as well as community outreach events (all photographers will be based on volunteer time and availability).
Length of Commitment:
We request a one month minimum commitment, with peak time during from February-April. Volunteers can request a specific time and event agreed upon by the park volunteer coordinator.
- Happy smiling audience members ( photo release form required)
- Photos of Tuesday performances
- Specific images during the partnership festivals
Please note: Please avoid pictures of people or pets without a photo release. These images will Not be used.
Location Where Work Will Be Performed:
New Orleans, Louisiana
Physical Requirements of Work:
The work is generally seated, standing, or walking.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Increase photographer portfolio
- Support the National Park Service
- Foster media support that showcases the multiple endeavors of the park
- Free attendance at all requested photographed events
Position Supports Which Division:
Interpretation and Cultural Resources
Scope of Contacts:
Volunteer should expect to have constant public contact while photographing various park programs, positively representing both the individual and NPS.
- Exhibition Arts
- Stage Management
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training