Music Hall is open!! Be an Usher - share your love of the performing arts
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1243 Elm St.Cincinnati, OH 45202
Now accepting applications online for ushers. Apply at: www.cincinnatiarts.org/volunteer
Usher orientations will be ongoing for new applicants through late August 2018, with interviews held prior to each date .
You will have the option to choose only one date out of the choices when invited.
Ushers fulfill many different positions in our theaters, working all types of performances, meetings and other events throughout the season. Those performances include, but are not limited to: Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Business Meetings, Receptions, Ballroom event, Cincinnati Opera. Applications being accepted now and will be held until we are ready to invite applicants to the interview.
Position goal: To provide excellent customer service to Music Hall's guests while promoting CAA and its resident companies.Position responsibilities in event capacity :
· to thoroughly understand emergency procedures and to assist in case of an emergency
· to thoroughly understand the house layout, seating charts and to correctly assist patrons using this knowledge
· to carry out duties as assigned per performance or event; including but not limited to program stuffing and distribution, ushering, greeting, directing patrons, working in coat-check, and assisting patrons with special needs
· to be available to patrons before, during and after performances and events
· to report any and all problems to the Floor Supervisor - immediately
- Customer Service
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 60 hours over a season (9/1/17-8/31/18); 1 year
- access to a computer to schedule, physically able to stand for hours & move easily up /down stairs