Alzheimer's Association, Arkansas Chapter is seeking dedicated volunteers to assist in the many facets of event planning for our signature event, Walk to End Alzheimer's. Volunteers will work with the staff partner to identify a sub-committee that best fits!
- Recruit 62 teams to raise $120,000 to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association (r).
- Expand the Planning Committee to reach additional members of the community who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Increase the size and scope of each subcommittee so more can be accomplished throughout the year.
What we ask of you
- Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Sponsorship, Marketing and Outreach, Logistics or Mission.
- Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Participate in committee meetings held at the Alzheimer’s Association Fort Smith office. Meetings are held once-twice a month and are one hour long.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/walk, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an exceptional day-of-event experience for our participants.
- Event Management
- Google Apps
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 24
- in person meetings once-twice per month