NOTE: ONLY OPEN TO COMPANIES LOCATED IN INDIANA AT THIS TIME.
Glad you spotted Changing Footprints and checked us out ( www.changingfootprints.org).
We are a LOCAL CENTRAL INDIANA 501c3 non-profit, founded in 2005, and every year we collect, sort, and deliver over 20,000 pairs of used shoes to non-profits in the Indianapolis area that put them on the feet of those in need. Non-profits such as Wheeler Mission, serving the homeless; Children’s Bureau, serving all types of kids; Coburn Safe Place, helping those suffering from domestic abuse; Exodus Refugee Services, helping resettle immigrants, and 60+ more. We are 100% volunteer, no paid staff, and yes, we need your help.
There are two ways to help:
- Do a shoe drive. Collect used shoes for 2-4 weeks; ANY kind, ANY size, ANY condition. Even shoes that are falling apart will end up at Nike, being shredded and repurposed into playgrounds and playing fields. Let us send you our four-page guide that gives you all the details and answers all your questions, such as "do you have collection containers" or "how do I get the shoes to you"?
- Arrange a sorting session at our sorting room at 9302 N. Meridian, Indianapolis. (Or at our Rushville locaiton). We can set it up for a workday or a weekend. You can bring 3 people, or up to 30 people at a time. You can bring children as young as 5 years old (who often love to try to find the matching shoe!) as long as you promise to watch them. Your session can be as short as an hour or as long as a half day. And since each volunteer can sort 50 pairs of shoes per hour, even a group of only ten people can sort 500 pairs, a nice sized piece of our annual effort.
If you are interested in helping out, call or write and we can talk further. BE the change - organize a used shoe collection at your place of work. Let us send you the article about Changing Footprints on January 26, 2016 in the Indianapolis Star.
Be part of the change. Help change the world, two feet at a time.
Call or write:
- Executive Admin
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- i hour or as much as you care to give
- So your Indiana company has...
- You are, or were, a Realtor or...
- Is your Scout/Church/Fraternal...
- How to Combine Golf and Giving...
- In 2017, spend one hour to put...
- Facebook Fanatic!
- It would be a great mitzvah if...
- I love to drive for a good...
- Have minivan, will travel...
- You can put 2000 pairs of shoes...