mentor 2.0: a new way to volunteer
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Help prepare a High School student for college and career success in this 21st century volunteer opportunity!
Now enrolling male applicants for fall 2017!
HOW CAN I MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
As a mentor, you can be an important part of Big Brothers Big Sisters goal to ensure that students graduate from high school, and successfully enroll in higher education.
BY BECOMING A MENTOR, YOU WILL:
- Help improve the graduation rates of low income, first generation college students.
- Help catalyze a student’s future success.
- Help increase college enrollment of these groups.
- Improve persistence in staying in college through the first year.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Mentors will be matched with a Veritas High School student, usually a freshmen, and work with them through a curriculum that builds skills for college and career success.
- Matches interact through a combination of online curriculum and in-person mentoring.
- Professional guidance is provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.
- mentor2.0 curriculum includes: Problem Solving Skills, Motivation, Career exploration, Use of Soft Skills in Interviewing, Leadership, Coping with Stress, College Admissions Process, and more!
WHAT ARE THE VOLUNTEER MENTOR REQUIREMENTS?
- mentor2.0 volunteers must be at least 21 years old, have a minimum of a two-year college degree, and commit to being a mentor for at least two years.
- Professionals with real life work experience are encouraged to apply.
HOW DO I GET MATCHED?
- Complete the application online at https://bbbsmilwaukee.imentor.org/
- Meet with Big Brothers Big Sisters staff for an in-person interview and complete pre-match training.
- Once approved, matches are made when classes begin in the fall, and are based on shared interests, personalities, and experiences.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Visit our website at www.bbbsmilwaukee.org to learn more, or call us at 414-831-4563.
- Youth Services
- General Education
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly online curriculum & once monthly in-person
- Minimum of an associate’s degree
Report this opportunity