Hope and Help's food pantry has been expanding rapdily. We have gone from helping just clients to any resident in Orange County. Because of the increase in the number of individuals we have been serving, it is imparitive that we keep our pantry cleaned and organized.
We have been blessed with the ability to work with so many people who are willing to donate to our pantry. We also partner with Second Harvest Food Bank to get a majority of our food. We are going to start handing out fresh produce soon so it is important for our pantry to be as put together as possible.
While we do not serve hot meals to individuals, we are able to provide emergency food assistance to those in the community in need. Those that require assistance may utilize our pantry twice a month.
We need someone who specifically wants to work in the pantry during the day Monday-Friday. Our receptionists need to be able to assist clients and take phone calls. The following is required of food pantry volunteers:
- General cleaning (dusting, wiping down shelves, sweeping, moping)
- Organization (keeping food in place and organizing shelves)
- Assistance (putting together bags)
- Inventory (checking expiration dates, keeping up to date inventory of pantry)
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed