In southwest Uganda there is a village with warm wonderful people waiting to work with you on their new elementary school. Pictured above are the primary students of the Gayaza Community School sitting in their temporary classrooms on the Gayaza Campus. In 2016 the first team of volunteers worked with the community to complete a vocational school on campus that would improve job opportunities for students. At the completion of that project it was decided that this relationship is good and should continue. BTCV granted funds to finish out temporary elementary classrooms in the schools unfinished main hall. BTCV will build out new classrooms in phases over the years to come as well as teacher apartment units on site. To sign up click the flyer document below. If you want to talk to someone at BTCV about the Uganda Project email us at info@BTCV.us and we will set up a time to discuss traveling with one of our teams. Are you ready to become a Changer? To learn more about the history of this project click here .
- Volunteers are self funded
- Your funding includes flights, meals, lodging, ground transport, construction gift
- Volunteers will do general labor alongside local skilled labor and local volunteers
- Under 16 parent or guardian attendance required.
- Sign up for the project at: http://www.bethechangevolunteers.org/join-a-project.html
- General Education
- Civil Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 10 Days
- Travel, Self Funded, Valid Passport