Please read registration instructions at the bottom of the opportunity. There are 2 additional steps that must be performed before completing this process. Just signing up on VolunteerMatch will not register you for this opportunity.
February 3 - April 17, 2017
Volunteer Tax Intake Assistant (Tax Season)
Serve as a Tax Intake Assistant to help collect all of the required documents and transmit it to the Accounting Aid Society for preparation. This project is ideal for retired CPA's or other office support professionals with attention to detail.
Looking for volunteers that are computer literate with some accounting/tax preparation background helpful (but not required).
- operate a scanner/printer
- have an absolute eye for detail and confidentiality
- Customer Service Oriented
- be flexibility
- take direction from others
- problem solve
- be a multitasker is necessary
Must attend the training sessions on Friday February 3rd and Friday February 17th in order to participate.
Able to commit 10-15 hours per week through tax season 2017. Schedule is flexible.
Business Casual Attire is required. The ability to handle a variety of customers in a fast pace environment is strongly recommend for this project.
Please send a resume or a statement of your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and to schedule next steps.
Event Meeting Location:
MTI Building-Center for Working Families
1200 Oakman Blvd. Detroit, MI 48238
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Focus: HOPE event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0168gTczyAk
2. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed), select the desired Volunteers and click on the "Submit Service Project Application" button.
Event Registration Code: TczyAk
- Data Entry
- Reporting & Dashboards
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week for 2 months