A Window Between Worlds seeks a Development/Administrative Intern (approx. 10-12 hrs/week) to work closely with the development team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to learn more about a career in nonprofit fundraising, event coordination, and marketing. Internship responsibilities may include the following:
* Assist with event planning logistics and vendor coordination
* Recruit and train volunteers for events
* Work with Event Manager to solicit and coordinate a variety of in-kind donations for auctions and gift bags with different community stakeholders including local businesses and vendors
* Maintain current information and submit updates for event web pages
* Work with Executive Development Associate to track sponsor information, collect guest names, etc.
Marketing and Communications:
* Work closely with Marketing & Communications Manager to post content regularly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
* Research potential influencers and thought leaders to connect with on social media
* Assist in creating content for social media campaigns
* Research and connect with press sources
* Assist in updating digital profiles, including on volunteer sites, review sites, donation databases, and business listing sites
* Draft content for our website including highlight stories of events, donors, volunteers, and advocates
Development / Administrative Support:
* Compose donor pyramids, give/get charts and lists of lapsed donors
* Maintain donor database records
* Organize calling campaigns to lapsed donors
* Assist in creation of mailed and emailed correspondence to donors and volunteers
* Recruit advocates to start online campaigns or small fundraising events
* Accompany development team to committee meetings, community events, and other donor cultivation outings.
* Assist with various administrative tasks such as database input, mailings and office organization.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
* Commitment and sincere interest in the mission of AWBW
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task
* Resourceful and comfortable with Internet research
* Detail oriented
* Ability to work independently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
* Regular weekly schedule will be set individually with the intern. Schedule could vary as needed to include events, workshops, training seminars, and board meetings. The minimum required hours per week are 10 hours. The terms of the internship are flexible from 3 months to a year, based on organization’s need.
* May be asked to assist with office errands and other requests. Must have valid California driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and reliable vehicle.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter that includes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position, to LAngrisani@awbw.org. AWBW may be able to offer a small stipend dependent on the applicant's experience and skills. AWBW is committed to diversity and respects, appreciates and values employees from all backgrounds.
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Project Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 3-6 months, minimum 10-12 hours per week.
- See above.