Malawi is known as the "Warm Heart of Africa." This special project is located not far from the capital city of Lilongwe in Sankahani Village . The government school campus had fallen into great disrepair over many years. BTCV was introduced to local community activist the Rev. Lawrence Benedicto. Together with the community and school staff our teams have been restoring the total campus. This work is improving the education opportunities for students in over 30 villages and sub villages served by this school. To sign up click the flyer document below. If you want to talk to someone at BTCV about the Malawi Project email us at info@BTCV.us and we will set up a time to discuss traveling with one of our teams. Are you ready to become a Changer?
- Volunteers are self funded
- Your funding includes flights, meals, lodging, Ground transport, construction gift
- Volunteers will do general labor alongside local skilled labor and local volunteers
- Under 16 parent or guardian attendance required.
- Sign up for the project at: http://www.bethechangevolunteers.org/join-a-project.html
- General Education
- Civil Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 15 Days
- Travel, Self Funded, Valid Passport