This is a volunteer, internship opportunity or community service opportunity to be selected as a Board Member of SW. This position requires weekly communication with SW CEO. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs of SW.
- Work proactively with CEO to provide accurate information and assistance to volunteers.
- Organizes, coordinates, and manages the recruitment and scheduling of volunteers for the board, and various committees.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers and arrange orientation, training and event support.
- Develop, promote, maintain a volunteer service description for each opportunity.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization to SW operations, events or development and confer with their interests.
- Implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Act as a single point of contact for volunteer communications.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
This role operates at home. If this is for an internship, at least 50% of your required hours will be at our office in Wilmington, Delaware. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners, and filing cabinets. Expected hours of work are flexible according to the tasks needed to complete. We estimate 2-3 hours a week for SW activities and may be more during event planning times. Travel is local only to our office unless you decide to attend an event.
Great opportuntiy for:
College student, at home parent, or retiree.
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week