Youth who have experienced homelessness often move into apartments with nothing. Please make an empty apartment feel like home by providing youth with basic necessities for when they move in. Pick one of the following basket types to help youth transition into support housing:
1. Kitchen Kit- assorted utensils and kitchen items. Ideas include can openers, pizza cutters, towels, washcloths, spatulas, silverware, etc. . .
2. Bathroom Kit- assorted bathroom supplies placed in a trashcan. Items include toilet paper, soap, towels, toothbrush, toothpaste, and shampoo.
3. Bedroom Kit- Bedroom/ living room supplies placed in a laundry basket. Needed items include alarm clocks, twin XL bedding, lamps, etc. . .
This is a flexible opportunity that can be done with friends, family, coworkers, or children. Make kits on your own time and coordinate delivery with staff. Volunteers do NOT have to complete every kit type.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Painting an Office
- "You Day" Bag Pack for Young...
- Adopt a food pantry
- May Frozen Meal Prep
- Event Committee Member
- Drop-In Greeter at C.O.R.E
- Frozen Meals for Youth...
- April Frozen Meal Prep
- Urgent Needs: Baby and Toddler...
- Annual Event Silent Auction...
- Healthy Snack Packs for Youth
- Birthday Kits for Youth
- Cleaning Supplies Kits/Drive
- Mini Kits for Youth Experiencing...
- Mobile Outreach Kits for Youth
- March Meal Prep