PURPLE POWER CHAMPION Faith Outreach Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6055 South Loop EastHouston, TX 77087
Purple Power Champions are Alzheimer’s Association (r) volunteers who connect the Association with their personal faith organization(s) to help raise awareness. The goal of a Purple Power Champion is to identify opportunities and implement tactics that educate members of their faith organization(s) on Alzheimer’s disease while connecting them to the mission, programs, services and initiatives of the Alzheimer’s Association. Power Purple Champions commit to at least one year of service.
Alzheimer’s Education & Awareness
- Coordinate education presentations within the Champion's respective faith organization to promote awareness and knowledge about the disease and the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Identify opportunities to set up and staff information tables at the Champion's faith organization during high-traffic times and/or events.
- Promote Association education programs, conferences and special events through announcements, bulletin boards, social networks, websites and physical displays when possible.
- Lead participation in Alzheimer’s Association events, such as Walk to End Alzheimer’s (r), The Longest Day and Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month (June) by implementing activities and recruiting members to support these initiatives.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to serve at least one year as a Power Purple Champion.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Comfortable engaging with individuals and families in need.
- Comfortable networking within the faith community.
Interested in becoming a Purple Power Champion? Please complete an interest form. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week