Volunteers desperately needed to visit with homebound terminal patients in and around the Douglasville area. Many of our patients live with a family member and the family member from time to time needs some time to recope. Volunteers sit with these patients so the family can run to the store or even just walk around outside. The Volunteer never sits with a patient more than 2 hours unattended.
We also have many patients around Douglasville living in a nursing home/assisted living. These patients love having the volunteers visit providing companionship/emotional support. Many of them are lonely and we strive to avoid social isolation.
Medicare requires hospice voluneters to attend a training session which only takes 2-3 hours, during this training i will run a criminal background check and give paperwork afterwards to go for a TB skin test and drug screen (We pay for this 100%).
If you have some extra time on your hands and love helping others please consider volunteering. You may contact me with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator for Homestead Hospice
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- You decide how much time you volunteer
- We provide training and ongoing education
- Muscians needed to spread smiles
- Are you retired and looking for...
- Volunteers needed to provide...
- Caring people needed to visit...
- The beautiful gift of music
- Clerical/Office Volunteer for...
- Need a volunteer for hospice...
- Warm hearts needed to visit...
- If you are retired would you...
- Please give the gift of time
- Clerical Volunteer needed