Our Children LA has developed WIN (What I Need), a mobile and web app that connects homeless and resource insecure youth in Los Angeles County with much needed resources We are in need of a professional, organized and detailed volunteer to help us ensure that the information in our directory is as complete and correct as possible. Work will be done under the direction of Operations Director who will give thorough instructions on how to:
- Review existing programs and identify changes
- Vet new resources for entry into the WIN tool
- Use website, emails and phone calls to research and create new entries for resources across LA County that support homeless youth
- Once approved, make necessary changes in the WIN database so they will be posted for youth.
Skills and Commitment Requested
- Volunteer should have own computer with internet access and be comfortable with web searches, Excel, basic photo editing, making phone calls to agencies and keeping detailed records on work completed.
- Volunteer must be fluent in English
- Work will be done virtually and is flexible, but a minimum 4 hours a week is requested with a minimum 3 month commitment.
- Volunteer will check-in at least weekly with Operations Director who will be available to answer questions and give direction as needed.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hrs/week & 3 months (can do more)