Volunteer Leader needed ASAP to coordinate Opera Events for families and children. Work your magic, motivate others and Celebrate Prevention of Bullying through this opera.
Activities: (Starting now through April) work with Producer to:
- Contact community restaurants to donate food, drinks, snacks in exchange for promotion using Golden Gate Opera’s Item Donation form.
- Recruit and manage other volunteers to help solicit donations. food, drinks, snacks, decorations, displays (eg:table cloths, flowers)
- Recruit volunteer graphic Designer student NOW from Academy of Arts or art school, to design logo for this event for mailings announcements: (eg: post card, posters, signage, print and online ads). Note! Students can get college credit for their volunteer work.
- Recruit Volunteer Marketing Chair to work with the Producer making and managing marketing schedule for publicizing the opera and ticket sales: (E-letter announcement schedule, social media, printing cards, mailings, phone calls, community relations, press release, announce latest sponsors to give them publicity)
- Recruit Website volunteer for Golden Gate Opera for Bullying Prevention Opera: to update and develop goldengateopera.org for this event.
- Set date for mailing and arrange volunteer mailing party (by mid February).
- Schedule Team Meetings with Producer and lead volunteers in main areas: Updates on fundraising, item donations, volunteer recruitment and assigning, marketing, production updates, opportunity to ask questions. Mailings, Publicity, Grass Roots publicity
- Recruit Community Relations Volunteer: Good on the phone, or in person to contact schools, low income organizations, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Clubs etc to give them the opportunity to be in the audience.
- Recruit volunteer production staff NOW to work with the producer for the April Opera. We need:
- Production Manager
- Production Assistant
- Assistant Stage Director
- Stage Manager
- Production Administration
- Costume Designer
- Seamstress assistant to costume designer
- Stage hands volunteers
- Meet with the theatre staff to reserve tables and signage
- Arrange for food and drinks to be delivered, or arrange volunteer to pick up and bring
- Assign volunteers to help set up on day of event
- Greet the guests and audience
- Serve and replace food and drinks
- Arrange Lobby Display
- Arrange signage
CONTACT THE PRODUCER IMMEDIATELY! WEST COAST PREMIERE! Roberta Wain-Becker 9415) 370.1722
- Stage Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Group Facilitation
- Sales Marketing
- Graphic Design / Print
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 5 hours a week average for 20 weeks (flexible)
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the arts with a big heart to Prevent Bullying.