Are you a native speaker or reader of Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, Cambodian (Khmer), or Arabic?
Put your skills to use while serving our local community and working with a local non-profit organization!
West Seattle Helpline is seeking volunteers to assist with translation and interpretation for our neighbors who are seeking assistance. With your help, all our neighbors will be able to gain access to our assistance services - "neighbors helping neighbors" in action!
Translation Volunteers will:
* Review translations of WSH print materials produced by translation firm to ensure quality and readability
* Make small edits as necessary before instructions are printed and distributed to families
* (ongoing opportunity) Assist in occasional translation/interpretation of messages from neighbors' calls in on the Hotline
* Fluency in written form of one of the following languages:
* Ability to work independently
* Attention to detail
Position is available immediately, time commitment is up to 1 hour per month. After initial meeting or phone call with staff, work may be done remotely (to be discussed between staff/volunteer).
If interested, please contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply to volunteer!
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 1 hour, monthly