The Emergency Food Network ("EFN") is seeking an Outreach Chair, skilled in social media and working with the press, to promote the EFN to the greater Charlottesville/Albemarle community and help distinguish us from the area's other food pantries by highlighting the many strengths that make our nonprofit unique. The volunteer position should take about 5 hours per month and its tasks include:
- Social media: post to Facebook frequently, with news about the EFN and hunger in the community.
- Newsletter: work with board members for articles and input. Mailed newsletter to go out 1-2 times per year.
- E-Newsletter: this will be emailed quarterly, using Mail Chimp or Constant Contact, to all volunteers and any donors whose email address we have.
- Press Release: distribute quarterly or as newsworthy items occur, to increase awareness of the EFN in our community.
- Website: update as needed.
Please send inquiries to Kimberly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per month