Bpeace is highly experienced in helping what we call "Fast Runner" businesses develop their potential
Match your skills with Salvadoran businesses that need your insight.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in El Salvador strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Salvadoran hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your sales experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks Sales Consultants with at least ten years’ experience to TRAVEL to El Salvador to work with selected small and growing businesses. The firms are participants in Bpeace’s 18-month enterprise development program during which time they will implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The firms want to increase sales, develop and implement sales strategies to support sustained growth.
What you will be doing
- Consult virtually via GoToMeeting or Skype; each call lasting one hour.
- Travel to El Salvador for one week to work with two Fast Runner firms.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on each Fast Runner firm including a business profile, SWOT analysis, the firm’s mission and growth vision, website and other marketing materials.
- Consult. In El Salvador, conduct meetings and explore ways to improve penetration in current markets and recommend tools and procedures that will produce more efficient sales processes and techniques.
- Mentor. Virtually coach and guide Fast Runners as the company implements the changes.
About the Businesses
The small and growing businesses in the Bpeace program have been in operation for two to 20 years, with 10+ employees, with annual revenue between US$100,000 and $1.5 million, and operating in diverse industries including manufacturing, food processing, tech and other services. Each firm was selected through a competitive process to participate in the Bpeace program based on their appetite and capacity for growth. The businesses who will receive Sales consultation are in services and manufacturing.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible dates. Travel to San Salvador for one week in first quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, six days in El Salvador, and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to three months.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 10+ years of experience in developing sales strategies and sourcing new sales opportunities.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you are interested in this position or would like additional information, please contact Alexandra Salas at email@example.com
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment