Bpeace is highly experienced in helping what we call "Fast Runner" businesses develop their potential
Match your skills with Salvadoran businesses that need your insight.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in El Salvador strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Salvadoran hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your process improvement experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks experienced business consultants with at least ten years’ experience to TRAVEL to El Salvador to work with selected small and growing businesses. The firms are small manufacturing businesses. They want to increase efficiencies in their production processes to decrease waste and costs.
What you will be doing
- Travel to El Salvador for one week to work with two Fast Runner firms.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on each Fast Runner firm including a business profile, SWOT analysis, the firm’s mission and growth vision, website and other marketing materials. Work with Fast Runners to create a Scope of Work.
- Consult. In El Salvador, conduct business process mapping. Work with members of the leadership team to assess organizational objectives, current operational processes, identify areas of the business that require modifications and improvements. Based on the results of the process map, use operational efficiency (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen or other related methodologies) tools and techniques to improve the company’s processes.
- Mentor. Virtually coach and guide Fast Runners as the company implements the changes.
About the Businesses
The small and growing businesses in the Bpeace program have been in operation for two to 20 years, with 10+ employees, with annual revenue between US$100,000 and $1.5 million, and operating in diverse industries including vitamin, metal, furniture manufacturing, food processing and printing services. Each firm was selected through a competitive process to participate in the Bpeace program based on their appetite and capacity for growth.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible dates. Travel to San Salvador for one week in second or third quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, six days in El Salvador, and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to three months.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 10+ years of experience in process improvement techniques in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you are interested in this position or would like additional information, please contact Alexandra Salas at email@example.com
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment