The Family Easter Volunteer Leader Program is a competitive, 20-hour volunteer program for outstanding students ages 15-18. Through this two-month program, participants will learn the basics of volunteer management and get the opportunity to practice their new skills by acting as a volunteer manager for Maymont’s annual Easter celebration. Participants will oversee one to two activities and a group of volunteers at the event.
Upon successful completion of the program each participant will receive a letter of recommendation from the Volunteer Coordinator that can be used for college admission or job application, as well as 20 community service hours. Volunteers must be present on April 15th to receive their volunteer hours and to get a letter of recommendation.
The program schedule is as follows; please list any conflicts on your application:
- Saturday, February 25th: 10am-12pm Learn about Family Easter and the activities.
- Saturday, March 25th: 9am-12pm: Lead a volunteer group through Family Easter prep project.
- Friday, April 14th: 6pm-7pm: Final questions, get materials.
- Saturday, April 15th: 8am- 4pm: The big day! Leaders will manage their activity and volunteers.
- Assignment: Volunteers will submit feedback on their activity for next year.
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours between 2/25 and 4/15
- 1) volunteer application; 2) one page cover letter; 3) reference letter from a teacher