Are you an experienced video producer? Do you have access to video equipment, editing and software? Do you want to have real world experience to strengthen your resume, earn community service hours or academic credit? Hone your video production skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. App to Succeed strives to break the cycle of poverty in the United States by producing the best-in-class educational software program which provides comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans teens. You can feel good about working on a program that will ensure teens have the information they need to become and remain financially successful. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
Compensation As a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Volunteers who exceed expectations and who make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference, written by the CEO.
2. Meeting expectations of the volunteer position will entitle you to be acknowledged on the website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate.
5. Learn about personal finance as you research and write about relevant topics.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone, saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Many of our interns have a paid job not related to their career and intern with us as their career related experience.
- Provide video samples upon request.
- Advanced video and video-editing skills.
- Access to video production and editing equipment.
- Complete at least one assignment while volunteering.
- You Tube, Vimeo, etc. experience.
- Maturity to work virtually.
- Creative and solution-oriented qualities.
Prefer: Professionals in video production and editing or college students pursuing a career in a related field.
10+ hours per week
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Sound Production
- Video Production
- TV Production
- Mobile Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- 20+ hrs./wk for <16 wks.;12+ hrs./ wk.16+ wks.
- Special effects, editing video montage, adding features to video.