Are you an experienced video producer? Do you have access to video/audio equipment and editing software? Do you want to have real-world experience to strengthen your portfolio or fill in between assignments?
Hone your video and audio production and editing skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. App to Succeed strives to break the cycle of poverty in the United States and narrow the income gap, by producing the best-in-class online educational experiences that provide comprehensive information on personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans, ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to become financially self-sufficient and successful. The project you will work on is for 16-19-year-olds. Feel good about working on a project that can enable all American teens to achieve financial independence and success. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
1. Edit existing video animation or existing video inserting content as directed.
2. Produce audio sound effects for humor or realism, produce music or find free music that will appeal to American teens.
3. Produce and edit an audio track and overlay audio track for two segments of six segments of the project.
4. Research and find or produce remaining needs for free sound effects and music and record information on spreadsheet provided.
5. Produce 3-6 minutes of video as directed. (location or set, not actors). This could include finding the location, shooting at location and editing video for script.
6. Create and 3-6 minute Video montage from free existing videos.
7. Possibly include, obtaining permission to use audios, video, or animation for nonprofit-educational purpose.
As a nonprofit, we offer alternative compensation: we as we are not, yet, able to pay our interns.
1. Volunteers who fulfill their time commitment, exceed performance expectations and who make a significant contribution to the project will receive a personal letter of reference, written and signed
by the CEO.
2. Meeting expectations of the volunteer position will entitle your name to be added to the
Volunteer/Intern page of the website and in the credits of the project when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate.
5. Learn about personal finance as you produce and edit your video or audio track.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Save the time and expense of commuting by working from home as 99% or our volunteers do.
- Have access to video/audio recording equipment
- Have access to video/audio editing equipment and software.
- Have completed advanced related coursework
- Have video/audio production and editing experience.
- Will complete at least one assignment while volunteering.
- Are familiar with YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Have produced videos for YouTube or Vimeo.
- Have maturity and self-discipline to work virtually.
- Ability to follow direction (as from a client)
- Enthusiastic, creative and solution-oriented.
- Professionals in video/audio production and editing or college students pursuing a career in a related field.
- 10+ hours per week until assignment completed (i.e.
- to your personal best or to the satisfaction of President of App to Succeed, Inc.
- 4+ months or completion of assignment (your personal or to the satisfaction of the President of App to Succeed, Inc.
Email MoneyMaze@ApptoSucceed.org with two days and times (using EST) when you are available for an informal interview. App to Succeed will email you to confirm one of your dates and times and then call you as confirmed. In your email, please include:
- A link to your portfolio or samples or attach samples of your work.
- A resume, if you have one prepared.
- If you do not have a resume, please include a phone number, where you can be reached, an informal list of your education information, with relevant coursework, and any related work experience that is not mentioned in your portfolio
We hope to hear from you soon!
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Sound Production
- Video Production
- TV Production
- Mobile Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- 10 hours per week (as needed)
- Special effects, editing video montage, adding features and audio to video.
- Internet Research Projects...
- Website Developers Upgrading...
- Video and Audio Production and...
- Crowdfunding Campaign Manager
- Editor/Writer/Proofread (Get...
- Motion Graphics, Fractal, 2D and...
- Technical Leader (Virtual) For...
- Social Media Master
- Record Male Voice for a Good...
- Graphic Designer for a Good...
- Software Development (Work...