Audio Production and Editing (Option to work from home.)
19 people are interested
Do you have audio editing and production. Do you have access to editing software and equipment? Do you want to have real-world experience to strengthen your portfolio or fill-in between assignments?
Hone your audio production and editing skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. App to Succeed strives to break the cycle of poverty in the United States and narrow the income gap, by producing the best-in-class online educational experiences that provide comprehensive information on personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans, ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to become financially self-sufficient and successful.
The project you will work on is for 16-19-year-olds. Feel good about working on a project that can enable all American teens to achieve financial independence and success. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
1. Use our library of audio recordings, sound effects and music or find your own. Lay the audio track using
the sound effects and music to create the most effective results.
2. Find public domain sound effects and use them to create humor or realism to the program.
3. Find public domain music, use our music library, or produce music to make an audio track for the animation that will enhance the users experience by building, interest, drama, anticipation, and humor that appeals to American teens.
4. Consult with our software developers to make sure your audio track will be compatible with the program.
4. Produce, edit, and overlay the audio track for the first two segments of the project including special features.
5. Organize the music, and sound effects information on spreadsheet provided.
6. Add voice-over to content. Female voice already recorded. Need male voice.
As a nonprofit, we offer alternative compensation: as we are not, yet, able to pay our interns.
1. Volunteers who fulfill their time commitment, exceed performance expectations and who make a significant contribution to the project will receive a personal letter of reference, written and signed
by the CEO plus:
2. Fulfill your volunteer commitment and your name to be added to the Volunteer/Intern page of the website and in the credits of the project when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with the approval of your academic institution or employer.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate tailored to your contribution.
5. Learn about personal finance as you produce and edit your audio track.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Save the time and expense of commuting by working from home as 99% or our volunteers do.
- Have access to software and equipment you need to produce an audio track.
- Have completed related, advanced, coursework.
- Have audio production and editing experience.
- Will complete the audio track for the two Segments of the project.
- Have maturity and self-discipline to work virtually.
- Have the ability to follow direction and the approval process (as you would a client).
- Will bring enthusiasm, creativity, audio expertise, and a solution solving approach to the project.
- Professionals in audio production and editing, or college students pursuing a career in a related field.
- Minimum of 10+ hours per week (prefer 15+ hours) until assignment completed (i.e. to the best of your ability or to the satisfaction of President of App to Succeed, Inc.)
Email MoneyMaze@ApptoSucceed.org with two days and times (using EST) when you are available for an informal interview. App to Succeed will email you to confirm one of your dates and times and then call you as confirmed. In your email, please include:
- A link to your portfolio or samples or attach 2 samples of your audio work.
- A resume, if you have one prepared.
- If you do not have a resume, please include a phone number, where you can be reached and an informal list of relevant education information, coursework, and experience that is not mentioned in your portfolio.
We hope to hear from you. Thank you.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Sound Production
- Video Production
- TV Production
- People 55+
- Must be at least 19
- Min. 10 hrs./wk (prefer 15 hrs./wk) prefer 4+ mo.
- Sound effects, audio production, audio track, audio editing, recording sound track