Learn about the behind-the-scenes work that goes into facilitating creative writing workshops, producing books, and planning events by interning with Write Around Portland!
Internship projects may include assisting one-time workshops and tabling event support, and other areas of our programming. The summer time is much more focused on behind-the-scenes work in preparation for our workshop seasons in the spring and fall. This internship is ideal for those interested in a career in the nonprofit sector or community engagement.
This internship will last 12 to 16 weeks (May-Aug) and require a minimum of 6-10 hours of work per week in our office (133 SW 2nd Ave, Suite 304). This position is unpaid; school credit is possible based on the educational program.
Help change lives through the power of writing! Contact email@example.com for more information and an application.
Review of applications will begin Mar 15 and will continue until the internship is filled.
Our Diversity Statement:
▪ Diversity is a fundamental part of Write Around Portland’s value system and is essential to our ability to develop and deliver programming that is consistent with and supports our mission to change lives through the power of writing.
▪ We believe that diversity is a strength that makes our workshops, anthologies and readings rich and reflective of our greater community.
▪ We are intentional in our recruitment, support and inclusion of diverse people throughout our organization, including board members, staff, volunteers, participants and agency partners.
▪ We value diversity in all its forms and work to create meaningful and respectful connections among people of different socioeconomic levels, races, ages, ethnicities, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, health statuses, physical and mental abilities, education levels, religions and backgrounds.
▪ We continually work to cultivate an environment and organizational culture in which all who are involved in our organization feel respected, included and valued. Our commitment to inclusiveness will be evident in our organizational policies and procedures, as part of our strategic plan, within our organizational goals and throughout our programs.
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hrs week