Development and Fundraising Intern
1 position available
Duration of Internship: 6-9 months
Time Commitment: 4-8 hours/week
- Flexible, Monday-Friday 9 am - 4 pm
- May include participation at actual events. Hours may be completed at the Store to Door office, at events or remotely from home.
Desired Start Date: April 2017
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Preferred Student Level: Undergraduate, Post-Grad, Graduate
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until interns are selected.
ABOUT STORE TO DOOR
Store to Door supports independent living for Portland area seniors and people with disabilities by providing a low-cost, volunteer based shopping and delivery service.
Established in 1989, Store to Door delivers groceries, prescription medications, and household supplies to seniors and people with disabilities. Store to Door serves most of Multnomah County and parts of Washington County and is the only service of the kind in the area. This volunteer-driven organization makes over 8,000 deliveries and friendly visits a year. We target our services to those who need us most, individuals who are ages 65+, have a disability, are low-income, and live alone.
The Development Intern will support Store to Door’s efforts to reach its funding goals. The intern will provide assistance with the office and administrative functions of fundraising. In addition to making phone calls and assisting with mail-outs, Development Intern will update and maintain the GiftWorks donor management database, which serves as a valuable resource for Store to Door. Reports to the Executive Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Enter data and maintain information in GiftWorks donor management database
- Assist Development Director with duties associated with the Nourish to Flourish annual auction
- Perform office work functions such as filing, printing, and compiling information and research for staff
- Represent Store to Door at tabling events as needed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in prioritizing, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Data entry experience and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically
- Exhibits good judgment
- Fluent in English
- Able to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- An academic background and/or interest in Aging Services, Gerontology, Healthy Aging
- Positive written and verbal communication skills
- Better understand the social, physical, spiritual, and mental barriers experienced by home-bound older adults
- Connect academic themes to real-world situations
- Learn the ins and outs of working in a non-profit
- Better understand the processes for fundraising and development work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and typed responses to the supplement short-answer questions to Amanda McIver at Amanda@StoretoDoorofOregon.org.
- Why do you have an affinity to older adults and people with disabilities?
- What attracts you to this Store to Door internship?
- What gifts, interests, or skills might you share with Store to Door through this internship?
- How will this internship contribute to your academic studies and career direction?
Please contact Amanda McIver at Amanda@StoretoDoorofOregon.org
or call 503-200-3333 ext. 008 for more information.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible 4-8 hours per week.
- Deliver Groceries to Homebound...
- Help Home-Bound Seniors Place...
- Outreach at Local Farmer's Markets
- Volunteer at our Gala Fundraiser
- Development & Fundraising...
- Grocery Checkout Volunteer
- Grocery Shop for Seniors
- Deliver Groceries to Homebound...
- Help Homebound Seniors Place...
- Webmaster – Skilled Volunteer...
- Need a Flexibile Schedule?...