Stay Stopped United wants YOU to become involved in our Recovery Support mission. We are looking to build a highly effective team of professional recovery therapists, peer support counselors, nutritionists, fitness/life coaches and mentors who are committed to strengthen our communities through services and workshops that train and empower at-risk veterans. Together, we will be the backbone of Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support program. Together, we will help each other Stay Stopped.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to StayStoppedUnited@gmail.com; include the interested job title in the subject line.
Title: Certified Nutritionist - Dietitian
Location: Orange County / Los Angeles County
Hours: Open / Flexible / Part-Time
Type: Telecommuting / Virtual
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of high quality, comprehensive nutritional care for persons seeking Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support. The Registered Dietician advises and counsels recovery participants on food and nutrition, explains nutrition issues, assesses the dietary and health needs of clients, develops meal plans, gauges the effects of these meal plans, promotes nutrition through weekly group facilitation, and keeps abreast of the latest research in nutritional and food sciences for those in recovery. Communications may take place in person, online and/or over the phone.
- Utilizes understanding of nutritional needs for adults in recovery
- Maintain an active role in the development and implementation of the holistic nutrition program including providing nutrition counseling as well as creating nutrition related resource materials for clients in recovery.
- Instruct and train participants on the principles of basic nutrition and nutrition in recovery, including the provision of nutrition related materials and counseling tools to be used with clients.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic principles of good health, balanced eating habits, mindful eating and physical activity for improved quality of life as it relates to recovery
- Provide comprehensive nutrition assessments and care planning for person’s in recovery
- Plan client’s special diets and supervise and instruct clients during meal preparations.
- Eat one meal each week with participant(s) and facilitate a discussion group
- Utilizes understanding of diverse cultures and gender responsive issues
- Manage and prioritize organizational demands.
- Maintains EMR documentation.
- Want to make a difference in a veteran’s life
- Great organizational skills. Self motivated.
- Experience working with adults in recovery is preferred but not required.
- At least two years’ prior experience
- Prior experience performing Nutrition Assessments in a clinical setting
- Prior experience providing individual and group nutrition counseling and education
- Previous experience working with eating disorders preferred
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Food/Nutrition/Dietetics from an accredited college or university
- Registered Dietitian certification with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Current CPR Certification and working knowledge of addiction and mental health disorders
- Professional knowledge of eating disorders to include disordered eating (overeating, binging)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Veteran Care
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Open / Flexible / Part-Time / Telecommute
- Registrations and Certifications