Stay Stopped United wants YOU to become involved in our Recovery Support mission. We are looking to build a highly effective team of professional recovery therapists, peer support counselors, nutritionists, fitness/life coaches and mentors who are committed to strengthen our communities through services and workshops that train and empower at-risk veterans. Together, we will be the backbone of Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support program. Together, we will help each other Stay Stopped.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to StayStoppedUnited@gmail.com; include the interested job title in the subject line.
Job Title: Certified Fitness Trainer and Coach - Recovery
Location: Orange County / Los Angeles County
Hours: Open / Flexible / Part-Time
Type: Telecommuting / Virtual
Provide overall coaching, guidance and exercise regiments to participants with a chemical dependency that are seeking Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support. Open to Cardio, Strength Training, Yoga, Pilates and other types of fitness. Sessions may to take place at your studio, outdoors and/or over the phone.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate participant intake
- Develop personalized fitness plan based on needs and abilities
- Account for the participant’s chemical dependency and recovery path
- Want to make a difference in a veteran’s life
- Great organizational skills. Self motivated.
- Experience working with adults in recovery is preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of prior personal training experience
- Experience working with participants in recovery
- Excellent Verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Time management & organizational skill
- Must be certified or registered fitness professional
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Open / Flexible / Part-Time