Stay Stopped United wants YOU to become involved in our Recovery Support mission. We are looking to build a highly effective team of professional recovery therapists, peer support counselors, nutritionists, fitness/life coaches and mentors who are committed to strengthen our communities through services and workshops that train and empower at-risk veterans. Together, we will be the backbone of Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support program. Together, we will help each other Stay Stopped.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to StayStoppedUnited@gmail.com; include the interested job title in the subject line.
Job Title: Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Location: Orange County / Los Angeles County
Hours: Open / Flexible / Part-Time
Type: Telecommuting / Virtual
Counselors are ultimately responsible for providing individual and group therapy to participants with a chemical dependency that are seeking Stay Stopped United’s Recovery Support. Sessions may to take place in person, online and/or over the phone.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing knowledge of a variety of therapeutic models and theories to understand and plan intervention strategies for a variety of patients
- Monitoring patient progress and making changes to the therapeutic approach and best practice, evidenced based interventions based on patient response to treatment
- Working collaboratively with the patient and appropriate others to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses priority needs of the patient, desired treatment outcomes, an agreed upon plan of action, and reassessment;
- Maintaining patient records related to screening, intake, treatment, continuing care, progress toward goals and objectives, discharge summary, and treatment outcomes that are accurate, concise, timely, and useful for coordinating treatment team planning, monitoring, and review.
- Coordinating and cooperating with local agencies and organizations necessary to expedite treatment for each patient.
- Want to make a difference in a veteran’s life
- Great organizational skills. Self motivated.
- 1-3 years of prior Substance Abuse Counseling experience
- Excellent Verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Time management & organizational skill
Must be a certified or registered counselor or eligible within 6 months, with one of the following certifying bodies
- Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California (an official affiliate of CAADE)
- American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders (AAHCPAD)
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP)
- California Association of Drinking Driver Treatment Programs (CADDTP)
- Veteran Care
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Open / Flexible / Part-Time / Telecommuting
- Applicable Certifications