The Video Volunteer is responsible for capturing museum staff development efforts through digital video and sound. These videos will be used to train new staff members on Museum philosophies. Ideal candidates will have strong cinematography and video editing skills, as well as a passion for the art of storytelling through capturing of the authentic voices of adults and children during learning experiences. A flexible schedule is preferred, estimated 50 hours for total project.Responsibilities
- Meet with Museum staff to discuss filming needs
- Create digital video of staff development workshops for future internal use
- Take digital footage using the Museum’s digital recorder or personal equipment
- Edit footage and produce video that meets established goals
- Insert voice, music and/or other effects
- Meet behavior customer service standards while serving within the Museum
- Skill and experience in using cameras, digital video production, filming (especially experience with filming candid/live-action video), editing and finishing
- Flexible schedule with ability to work at various times and days throughout the course of the week
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions, complete tasks, and meet deadlines in an effective manner
- Interest in serving an arts organization dedicated to playful learning
- Ability to interact with Museum staff, volunteers and visitors in a professional way
- Ability to represent the Museum with the public in a positive way
- Volunteer Orientation
- Other assignment related training
- Build portfolio of video production work
- Increase or reinforce knowledge of administrative work in a non-profit setting
- Four Museum passes given upon project completion
- Parking vouchers and Metro Transit passes when volunteering onsite
- Letters of reference and recommendations available upon request
This is a flexible volunteer role requiring some independent and some scheduled work. The Video Volunteer must be available to attend staff development sessions in March and April, some of which will take place on the weekends, in addition to editing and production work. 50 hours estimated for the total project. Project will ideally be completed by the end of April 2017 but can be flexible with advanced communication.
Apply with our skills-based volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1072378814
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Estimated 50 hours for total project.
- Museum Experience Intern
- Costume Design and Props Intern
- Skills-Based Volunteer: Video
- Exhibit Documentation Intern
- Recruitment & Onboarding Intern
- Integrated Marketing...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Learning Intern
- Museum Experience Coordinator...
- Skills-Based Volunteer: Digital...
- Join the Play Team! Summer Teen...
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Digital Media Intern
- Grant Writing & Events Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Youth Development Intern
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Studio Intern
- Membership & Sales Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern