On a typical day in southeast Texas, 5,000 children will go to bed hungry. Children without proper nutrition have difficulty concentrating in school, experience tardiness and are more prone to chronic illness that can hinder proper growth development. At the Houston Food Bank's Keegan Kitchen facility, volunteers assist with meal prep work (slicing, cutting, stirring, etc.) and packaging hot meals for daily distribution to participating Kid’s Caf? after-school programs. By providing nutritious meals and snacks, Kids Caf? helps children in need get on the right path for success.
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Select from 1 or 2 4hr shifts/day, 5 days a week
- YOUTH: Must be at least 16 yrs old and supervised by parent/guardian for entire shift
- Be the Face of the Houston Food...
- Court Mandated Volunteering at...
- Be a Houston Food Bank Volunteer!
- Volunteer Scheduler
- Earn an A+ as a Teachers Aid...
- CORE Specialist
- Help End Child Hunger in our...
- Social Media Ambassador
- Kid's Cafe
- Volunteer Programming Assistants
- Make a Difference. Be Inspired. ...
- Administrative Volunteers Needed...