Revived as the site of a Community Supported Agriculture program, Powisset Farm in Dover, Massachusetts features a trail that explores woodlands, fields, and wetlands. Currently, The Trustees is seeking a Farm Educator who would like to share their knowledge with program attendees. This position is primarily designed to assist us with our "Farmer for a Day" program held during school vacation weeks between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 pm. There may also be other programs in need of an educator. The ideal candidate will have an interest in farming and food systems, education, sustainability, and perhaps an interest in cooking and sharing their knowledge with children. This position will require an in-person interview.
* Facilitate hands-on, half day school vacation week programs. Topics include farming and food and involve completing tasks such as planting, weeding, harvesting, and more.
* Educate children about farming and help them to make a connection on where their food comes from.
* Log volunteer hours
* Interest and experience in farming and food systems
* Interest and experience in working with children
* Able to accommodate programs based on various levels of experience
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Friendly and polite demeanor
* Background in teaching, farming, or environmental studies a plus
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a one week commitment, Tuesday through Friday, April 17-20th, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- April 17 - 20, 2018; 9 am - 1 pm
- In-person interview required
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Engagement & Education Volunteer...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...