This opportunity is ideal for students interested in non-profit operations and program coordination, students interested in leadership opportunities, and those interested in gaining experience in the non-profit sector.
The Program Coordinator Intern will provide support to the Operations Manager in organizing, planning, and facilitating Women Giving Back’s program and events. Position allows for great creativity and flexibility in carrying out tasks in order to ensure the successful and effective running of WGB. Position is responsible for all details of the program that pertain to marketing and communications, assisting with volunteer management, gathering data on WGB’s impact through attendance at WGB store days (and other tasks), maintaining accurate records, and other administrative tasks as assigned. Gain valuable program management experience in this dynamic, fast-paced working environment, and enjoy the opportunity to leave a lasting mark on a growing program.
* Assist with updating and maintaining database system
* Maintain accurate records of in-kind and monetary donations
* Prepare and implement methods of donor acknowledgement (includes preparing thank you letters)
* Assist with networking and fundraising events and activities throughout the year
* Assist with coordinating corporate group volunteers sort days
* Assist with responding to email inquiries regarding donations and volunteering
* Assist with all WGB community outreach events as needed
* Availability on the second Saturday (morning) of the month in order to attend the Store Day is a must
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 - 35 hours per week
- Reliable transportation to the store at 20 Export Drive, Sterling, Va.