This will take place at the Adaptive Field at Marion Diehl Park /Queens Univ Sports Complex.
Adaptive baseball will expose kids and teens with disabilities to the basic skills of the game in a non-competitive atmosphere. The program will also focus on promoting sportsmanship, camraderie, and enhancing physical/cognitive abilities. Volunteers will assist players in playing baseball. Volunteers will work as 1:1 buddies and are expected to be active! Volunteers are expected to help with hitting, fielding balls, and running bases with children and teens with disabilities.
Please wear athletic clothing and athletic shoes.
Days needed are 3/15/17-5/03/17 (Wednesdays 6-7pm)
3/17/17-5/5/17 (Saturdays 10a-12pm)
- Special Needs
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 704 Open Streets FAMILY FESTIVAL
- Various Field Events Senior Games
- Badminton Senior Games (Doubles...
- Pickleball Senior Games...
- Indoor Fun Soccer
- Table Tennis Senior Games
- Youth Sports- Track Coaches
- Youth Sports T-Ball Coaches
- Tennis & Basketball Senior Games
- Billiards Senior Games
- RacquetBall Senior Games
- Silver Arts Award Reception
- Performing Arts Showcase Senior...
- Badminton Senior Games (Singles)
- Bowling (Mixed Doubles) Senior...
- Baseball Coaches
- Archery Senior Games
- Track and Field Coaches
- Mecklenburg County Youth Track &...
- Bowling (Singles) Senior Games