Part-Time, Volunteer, San Jose, CA
Adelante IT Careers, Inc., (AIC), is a non-profit, community-based organization established in 2012 as the first organization in Silicon Valley dedicated to providing Technical Training to the Deaf community in ASL. Join us as we expand our reach with online classes available via the Internet.
Vision: Global recognition as the leading Technical Training organization embodying Deaf pride, respect for ASL and Deaf culture, equality of access to high-paying Information Technology jobs for all Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals. For more information, please visit: http://www.AIC.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for AIC's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize AIC’s volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain AIC's Board Members and non-management volunteers.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Budget and Finance:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices and work with the CFO and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and planned expansion.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to AIC's mission. The candidate should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Other qualifications include:
- Past success working with a nonprofit (501(c)(3))Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written skills and fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred and also a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Knowledge of the current trends impacting Deaf people as well as sensitivity and ability to work effectively with a diverse population of people.
Interested applicants, please electronically submit a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position along with a resume and three references to:
- American Sign Language
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 2 Evening hrs/mo (Board Mtgs) and your judgement