Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The President is the chief volunteer officer and ambassador of the Board of Directors.
Among his/her principal responsibilities, the President will:
- Preside over Team Meetings
- Inspire and motivate team members to advocate for Shine’s mission and to move toward the organization’s goals
- Speak and have signatory authority for the Board in official documents and settings, unless otherwise noted
- Ensure that the Board behaves consistently with legal and contractual obligations and with the bylaws
- Lead Executive Committee
- Liaise between the Board, CEO and Chapter Presidents, as needed
- Serve ex-officio as member of all governance committees and attend meetings, as needed
- Monitor financial planning and financial reports
- Guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns
- Participate in the evaluation of the Chapter and Board performance
- Perform other duties outside of this role, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- Minimum 20-hours/month and as needed
- Significant leadership experience is a must
- Help Homeless Abuse Survivors...
- Board Member w/Monitoring and...
- President of nonprofit board...
- Graphic Designer
- Client Marketing Specialist
- Secretary on Board of nonprofit...
- Board Member w/Fundraising...
- Help Homeless Abuse...
- Treasurer on Board of nonprofit...
- Shine NYC Chapter Community...
- Shine NYC Chapter Special Events...
- Board Member w/Partnership...
- Board Member w/Board Development...
- Board Member w/Recruitment and...