Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The Volunteer Recruitment and Development Board Members will be responsible for all human capital acquisition and development of volunteers across the corporation. As a volunteer-run organization, this role is critical to Shine's growth. Sample responsibilities:
- Formulate, revise and recommend policies on all matters relating to volunteer human resources to the Board for approval
- Maintain familiarity with, and assure that all personnel practices of the Board are in accordance with, applicable law and contractual obligations
- Monitor, on behalf of the Board, the implementation of all volunteer policies
- Keeps the Board informed on the organization’s volunteer requirements and needs
- Establish procedures and processes for feedback and grievances
- Perform other duties outside of this role, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Performance Management
- People Skills
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 20-hours/month and as needed
- Volunteer coordination and management experience preferred