A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 6-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
After a very incredible and successful year, we are seeking a highly skilled Human Resources Assistant who can commit 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
Provides support to the HR Director for all administrative purposes. The assistant will research information pertaining to the Human Resources Department. The Volunteer/Intern will maintain records and information for the HR Director. The assistant will schedule appointments, have the ability to work independently and within a team environment; ability to efficiently organize materials and information, ability to easily adjust to changing conditions, maintain effective working relationships with employees, and any other individuals.
- Creating charts, spreadsheets, documents within google drive and Microsoft office.
- Assisting with Calendar appointments.
- Organizing materials for the information that is within emails, google drive, etc.
- Scanning/Faxing information through phone or iPad.
- Effective email communication between volunteers/interns and outside representatives.
- Researching information on Human Resources
- Creating files on the computer, potentially sharing material with other volunteers/interns
- Creating emails
- Must support and maintain mission goal and statement of organization.
- Ability to Research information on the internet.
- Working towards a degree in Human Resources.
- Understanding Google Drive
- Understanding Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Highly organized.
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Magazine Writer!
- Human Resources Assistant
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Volunteer Director of Development
- Programs Assistant
- Billing Department Assistant
- Public Relations Assistant
- Package Assembler Volunteer
- Get Excited Coordinator Volunteer
- Give Arts Coordinator Volunteer
- Sponsor a Child Coordinator...
- Fundraising Intern
- Graphic Designer Volunteer!
- Fundraising Assistant
- Marketing Volunteer
- Volunteer Producer!
- Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
- Marketing Coordinator Volunteer
- Kids Supporting Kids Volunteer...