Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2017.
The Programs Board Members will be dedicated to ensuring that the programs are mission driven, reflective of community interests and needs, and have systems in place for evaluating their effectiveness and impact.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for existing and new programs
- Collaborate closely with Chapter level committee members to deliver monitoring and evaluation plans
- Evaluate program priorities for the agency
- Ensure that key needs and interests are considered in program development and implementation
- Perform other duties outside of this role, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 20-hours/month and as needed
- Program design and evaluation experience, Entrepreneurial spirit
- Help Homeless Abuse Survivors...
- Board Member w/Monitoring and...
- Shine NYC Chapter Special Events...
- Board Member w/Partnership...
- President of nonprofit board...
- Secretary on Board of nonprofit...
- Board Member w/Fundraising...
- Treasurer on Board of nonprofit...
- Board Member w/Board Development...
- Board Member w/Recruitment and...
- Shine NYC Chapter Community...