Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The Board Development Board Members will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and developing Board members. Sample duties:
- Conduct an ongoing assessment of the strengths and limitations of the Board’s composition and structure vis-à-vis achievement of organizational mission and goals
- Regularly review and propose to the Board for revision of Board and officer job descriptions, expectations and ethical standards
- Identify, recruit and nominate officers and directors for Board/membership consideration
- Develop succession plans for key board leadership positions
- Design and implement new Board orientation
- Coordinate ongoing development and training for all Board members and officers
- Perform other duties outside of this role, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Resource Development / Management
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 20-hours/month and as needed