Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The Secretary will provide detailed support to the Board to ensure its smooth operations.
Among his/her principal responsibilities, the Secretary will:
- Perform or oversee documentation for activities of the Board
- Assure that all documentation of corporate activities is managed in an appropriate manner
- Have custody of all records and reports of the corporation
- Set and ensure adherence to internal timelines
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes
- Contribute to the Executive Committee
- Assist each team member with his/her responsibilities, on an as-needed basis
- Perform other duties outside of this role, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Office Management
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 25 hours/month and as needed